"A goal without a plan is just a wish. A plan without action is just a dream."
Step 1: Breakdown the Numbers
Let's say you have 30 days left. Let's say you work for 25 of them. Let's say you're at $0 in sales so far for the contest. Ok!
$20,000 ÷ 32 days = $625 per day.
Let's say you have a 60% closing and a $225 avg order (underestimating here)
$625 ÷ .6 ÷ 225 = 5 demos a day
Let's make sure the math is right... 32 x 5 x .6 x 225 = $21600
NOTE: stay on the side of CAUTION! Leave a little wiggle room for yourself and aim higher than 20k... just in case you have an order returned.
Remaining Sales Goal ÷ Working Days Left = $ Daily Sales Goal
Daily Sales Goal ÷ Closing Percentage ÷ Average Order = Daily Demo Goal
Working Days x Daily Demo Goal x Closing Percentage x Average Order = Total Goal
Step 2: COMMIT
"99% commitment is HARD AS HELL. 100% commitment is EASY."
Treat it like a push.
At the end of the day, the only thing that's holding you back is not your time, it's not your customers. it's YOU.
Create a plan for yourself. Your time, motivation, and energy are 3 different things.
If you're struggling with time management:
- Block off your schedule. I prefer passion planners, but google calendar is another great choice if you like having notifications on your phone (or a combination of both).
- It might not be 3 demos a day for you. It might be some all-out demo days and some days where you do less demos and focus on other things. Plan in advance what the next month will look like for yourself!
- Go into your school schedule with some demos already on your schedule. Don't wait to start selling until you're settled at school. Your school schedule will be the same. the whole semester. If anything, your first week at school is the easiest because it's mostly just syllabus review.
- Take care of yourself
- Eat healthy, work out, drink enough water, and GO TO DAMN BED!
- Very few successful entrepreneurs sleep in more than 1-2x a month. WAKE UP!
- This might sound like pretty basic tips, but have you really been doing all of these things? What do you look like when you're physically at your best? What is the gap between where your energy is now, an where your energy needs to be?
- Do what others won't now, so you can have what others can't later. Success demands what most people are capable of giving, but what very few are willing to give.
- What is more important to you... temporary comfort, or long-term success? ASK YOURSELF: How will you feel when you see pictures of all your friends on an all-inclusive Caribbean vacation.. while you're at home freezing through fall break?
- Communicate with your manager when you're struggling. Let them hold you accountable.
- Get an accountabili-buddy!
Step 3: Utilize your resources
Both MorrisMayhem.com and MovementRep.com have a learning and development center with TONS of resources on getting more referrals, raising your average order, and bringing your skills to the next level.
VectorConnect.com has a FULL LIBRARY of videos, audios, and documents on anything you could imagine, under the Library button on the sidebar.
Step 4: Share Your Goals with Your Customers
SHARE YOUR GOALS ON EVERY DEMO. SET UP CALL BACKS ON EVERY DEMO. TAKE NOTES ON EVERY DEMO.
(if someone wants to design a nicer looking goal sharing slide, PLEASE send it to me lol)
SPEAKER NOTES GOAL SLIDE:
I'm actually in a HUGE contest right now that ends on Dec 28. I have a goal to do __ demos, which will put me in a position to sell $20,000. This is big goal, and it won't be easy, but the reason why I'm working really hard for this contest period is... :
[REASON 1]: To win a trip to puerto rico with the company. The company gives their students the opportunity to earn an all-inclusive trip twice a year! A bunch of my friends on the team have already won, and I would love to have such a great reward for my hard work.
SPEAKER NOTES ON REC SLIDE (LAST SLIDE OF THE PRESENTATION):
By the way, if I'm reallllly close to my goal at the end of my contest, do I have your permission to give you a call and see if there was anything else on your wishlist that you wanted to try?
Step 5: Crush Callbacks with Your Customers
Step 6: ENJOY YOUR TRIP THAT YOU EARNED THROUGH HARD WORK!
It's up to you whether you join us.